Cape Cod National Golf Club is a private golf club located on Cape Cod in Brewster, Massachusetts. We provide competitive wages and a quality working environment. Cape Cod National Golf Club is currently accepting applications for the seasonal employment opportunities listed below.
Assistant Golf Professional – Seasonal
- Employment dates are Mid May to Mid October
- Reports to Head Golf Professional
- On-site housing is available with this position
Assists Head Golf Professional with numerous activities relating to the management and operation of the club's golf program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides a welcoming and responsive environment to members and their guests; reserves tee times, books lessons, answers phones, and maintains a friendly, positive, helping, and motivated attitude at all times.
- Along with golf staff, conducts pro shop retail operations; sells, displays, promotes, and merchandises inventory. Assists with scheduling and promoting demo days. Ships product and manages special orders. Possesses a thorough understanding of the point of sale system and helps maintain it under the direction of the Head Golf Professional.
- Professionally, respectfully, and tactfully interprets, informs, and enforces club policies with members, guests, and staff.
- Assists with coordination of all golfing events, such as Nine & Dines, member events, and tournaments.
- Performs daily opening and/or closing procedures as designated. Compiles and reviews daily work for completeness and accuracy. Accurately completes POS end of day processing.
- Assists with inventory management; conducts monthly inventories, prepares orders and returns. Accurately records, reviews, and approves vendor invoices and credit memos. Minimizes shrink by following inventory control procedures.
- Along with golf staff, responsible for the correct appearance, organization, and cleanliness of the shop and stock room areas, equipment, and fixtures. Reports deficiencies and maintenance concerns.
- Monitors and regulates pace of play as directed by the Head Golf Professional.
- Performs other duties designated by the Head Golf Professional.
Qualifications and Skills
- PGA Certification preferred
- Four year undergraduate degree preferred
- Requires a polished and professional demeanor in manner and appearance
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven leadership
- Reputation for quality and attention to detail
Click here to download an Employment Application.
Applications and resumes can be returned:
- by fax to (508) 240-6088
- by email to email@example.com
- by mail to P.O. Box 1615, Harwich, MA 02645